Friday, April 24, 2009

Small Town, Florida

This might get long. Welcome to my small home town. This is where I grew up.




This is an old house on my road, most houses look very similar to this one. The amazing thing about this house and other houses out there, they went through 3 hurricanes in 2004. These homes have been around since I was a child.
Our small, local Fire Department. I think the only time they are open, is when there is a natural disaster, like a hurricane and they have to provide the people with basic essentials.


This is one of the old packing houses. We have quite a few of these here that aren't used anymore, but the building still remains.


This is our "store". It's really about the only one we have without heading into Bartow, the "bigger" city which really isnt big at all.



I don't know if you can tell, but this is a TINY road. Two cars can barely fit on it and at some point you have to cross a one lane bridge. One side has to yield to let the other side pass through it.




This is THE curve. The one you have to go about 10 mph around. When I was 16, I scared the living shit out of my Dad going around this curve. After that, he never rode with me again.





One of the MANY dirt roads & lakes in our part of the woods (or Orange Groves, if you can't tell those are Orange Trees in the picture).







It's completely normal to have a cow sitting in your front yard here.






















Other than Orange groves, this is about all you see out here. I will have to do another post to get all the pictures in.
























5 comments:

  1. This is a great post! Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures. Curvy roads still scare the crap out of me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Ol Polk County.
    Love the post! Makes me miss my hometown, Oviedo,Fl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know you were from FL, too, Lacy! Good Ol Polk County is right, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome Kim! I didn't realize you were from a small town.

    ReplyDelete