Friday, April 3, 2009

Flashback Friday, Take 2

Camping is NOT what the Army calls it when you sleep in a tent on duty. Go figure, who knew?

I can't exactly remember the conversation, but I remember we were marching (more like hiking forever & ever) to our "camp spot" in boot camp and I said "I've never been camping". My Drill Sergeant over heard this. I will never forget it. He paused everyone and asked me "who the hell is going camping?". Well, shit, I don't know, I thought that's why we brought the tents?

Apparently it's a Bivouac..who knows how to properly spell that word? NOT ME. I'll never forget that term, Drill Sergeant, I promise. Now, when the hell will I ever use it again? Never.

And btw, this "camping" thing is not for me. Disgusting. And what I don't get is after I got out of Boot Camp and went to Japan, people did this thing on their own free will. They liked it.

I'm not a camper. I will take my bed. Thanks.

1 comment:

  1. I think to become a drill sergeant, you have to have remarks like that. It's probably required and on a test or something.

    My camping involves a 3BR 2BA trailer that has satellite TV, a TV on the deck, washer/dryer/dishwasher.

    I will not be sleeping outside in a tent on my own free will.

    You would like camping with me, though. I promise. No bugs, spiders, snakes, plus there is AC and hot water.

    Holly

    ReplyDelete