Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Give Me A Break

Because I could really use one right now.

So, I found out a couple weeks ago that my Grandpa's cancer has spread and his heart doctor said he can not go through with the surgery. They gave him 2 years. I know doctors aren't always right with these estimations but the news still hit me pretty hard. My Grandpa and my Grandma helped raise me my entire childhood. To be honest, while I am scared to lose my Grandpa, my concern is how will our family move on when it happens? There are a few people that I feel hold our family together, My Grandpa is one of them. He is a man of very few words, but when he talks everyone listens. I don't really know what else to say, it's hard to even think about.

Yesterday, my car decided it was time to finally take me to my breaking point. I admit, I have heard so many stories about how every thing goes wrong when your husbands leave for deployment and to be honest every thing has been good up until the news about my Grandpa, but thanks to my wonderful friends I got through that part.

I can't drive my car until it's fixed, I won't risk breaking down on the road with two young kids. Luckily my neighbors are cool and they know someone who has a code reader and knows a lot about cars, so he is going to come look at the car for me. And I'm also glad that I'm within walking distance of a grocery store, among several other places. If I had known my car was going to act like ass I would not have put gas in it...wtf. LOL. I still love my car though and I'm hoping it's nothing major. I bet my car is mad because it hasn't been waxed in 4 months...the longest it has ever been is a week before deployment. Sad, huh? Shane told me don't bother doing it...I think he just didn't want any men staring at me while I was doing it, but whatever, I haven't done it, lol.

Anyway, I'm still surviving. A lot of life changes coming soon and it's going to be a really hard adjustment for everyone but hopefully it will bring out the best in all of us.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry about your grandpa Kim. Your family will be in my thoughts.....

    And I feel your pain with the car, my van took a crap on me. Three car seats don't fit to swell in a honda hatchback!

    ReplyDelete