Friday, May 1, 2009

Flash Back Friday

It's that time again. Time for "One time at band camp" stories. Except there is no band camp.

My Flash back today goes all the way back to High School. The first time I skipped school. I really didn't skip school often, maybe three times total? Anyway, my friend Nacole was dating this guy Mike. Real Country people here. Nacole had a sister Jenny. Me, Nacole & Jenny were really good friends and neighbors.

Mike drove a truck, a truck that was old as fuck and I believe it was a Ford. Anyway, don't ask me why, but we went to Mike's friend's house...who actually was a drug dealer. NICE choice, right?

We end up leaving there and exploring "Mike's turf" aka where he used to ride dirt bikes and 4 wheelers. We take his Ford that "can get out of anything"....see where I'm going with this? Country, Ford...So we come to this dead end and the dirt road we were on was REALLY narrow. Instead of just reversing straight, Mike asks Jenny "Is the grass dry there?" and she says

"IT'S DRY AS A WHISTLE"

To this day, I don't know where the saying came from, but it does NOT mean it's dry...that is FOR SURE.

We go to turn around but instead of just doing a simple three point turn, Mike decides to go all the way out..where we discover..mud. And...we get stuck.

So I'm skipping school with my tommy hilfiger on and we have to try to push this truck out. Fucking nice. I got mud all over my school clothes. Still, no luck we were still stuck. So this truck comes out of the blue and asks if we need help, they try to pull the truck out with their truck, it was a no go.

So Mike & Nacole decide to ride into town with these people to find ANOTHER truck to pull us out. When they come back, they are in a brand new Ford that resembled Nacole & Jenny's Mom's truck, Me & Jenny almost shit our pants, which wouldn't have mattered anyway b/c we were all muddy. By the way, have I ever mentioned I do NOT like to get dirty?

We finally get out the mud with 30 minutes to drive 30 miles and go home and shower and change before our parent's come home and see us all muddy. We didn't get caught.

It took me a looong time to be brave enough to skip school again after that!

1 comment:

  1. Oh you were a good girl only skipping 3 times lol.

    I left you an award on my blog...come by and pick it up.

    ReplyDelete