Monday, March 9, 2009

Debby Downer?




Today, I took a tour of Jacksonville, I love it here. I have loved it since I laid my eyes on that beautiful beach. When we originally moved here, we moved on base, with the military folks. I will never understand why every military spouse MUST hate where they live. They hate the heat, they hate the bugs, they hate their neighbors. Why? Why do you have to find all the bad things in life?


I am glad I moved off base. Since getting rid of all the negativity, I have been one happy Momma! I believe that if you tell yourself that a place sucks, it will. If you tell yourself a place is GREAT then it will be great.


I'm all for a bitch fest, and the mosquitos here suck donkey balls. But, for the love of Pete, I do not want to hear your countdown till you leave Jacksonville.


I took a million and one pictures today of all the reasons I love Jacksonville. The main reason is water. Every single time I drive by water, I get annoyingly giddy & happy. Maybe it's because I'm a Pisces, maybe I'm supposed to be near the water, or maybe it's because I choose to find the good in the area instead of picking apart all the bad things. Seriously, how can you NOT like it here?



Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without. -Buddha

1 comment:

  1. We decided against housing too! There are too many nosy ass people. I do have a friend who lives in housing and we went to visit her yesterday. 5 different women were sitting on their porches eyeing me down. They are so territorial!!

    ReplyDelete