Sunday, March 8, 2009

My First Blog

So, I finally decided to jump on the bandwagon, the blogging bandwagon that is.

I first wanted to explain where my Blog title and url names came from. My Blog title "I Am Awake" actually came from this thingy I read, here's the thingy.



One of his students asked Buddha, "Are you the messiah?"
"No", answered Buddha.
"Then are you a healer?"
"No", Buddha replied.
"Then are you a teacher?" the student persisted.
"No, I am not a teacher."
"Then what are you?" asked the student, exasperated.
"I am awake", Buddha replied.

It doesn't leave the author, so here is the website where I got it from http://www.sapphyr.net/buddhist/buddhist-quotes.htm

I thought it was fitting. I love my sleep. I hate mornings. I hate being awake. I tried to get my url to match my blog, but some jack ass must have had the idea before me. stopbotheringmeplease is something I really want to yell everyday. I hate being bothered.

I'm long winded. I'm not crafty. I'm not a great cook. I'm not a great writer. I'm not exactly funny. I'm kind of dorky. I'm outspoken. I'm calm, almost always calm. I'm independent and yet dependent. This blog will not have a theme. I'm not passionate about any one subject.

1 comment:

  1. I also want to yell 'stop bothering me!' at least once an hour.

    welcome to the blogging world

    ReplyDelete