Friday, March 27, 2009

Flashback Friday

Let the good times roll....I figured since I'm getting old & I like to re-tell my stories (like my Dad STILL DOES) I figured I'd blog about them.

My first Flashback goes to Ft. Jackson, South Carolina aka Relaxin Jackson. Army Bootcamp, fun days, I tell ya! My first memory of this hell hole, was getting off a bus and being made to stand in a line at 2am to get PT clothes. What are PT clothes? They are fancy (not) Army Sweat suits. While in bootcamp, no civilian clothes are authorized. Even your underwear has to be a certain kind & bras too.

So you wait in this line and you aren't allowed to talk. You have these really nice people yelling at you to shut up...no one is making a peep but you are being told to shut up, lmao. Kind of funny. You go in there and they give the males the TIGHTEST sweat suits ever and they give the females the BAGGIEST sweat suits ever.

Around 4am, you are done, they send you to bed. 415am they wake you up and tell you that the leaves fell on the ground and you must go out there and pick them all up. And you do this by hand. For what reason? No reason. Just entertainment. You do this until 6am when you must eat breakfast before you start your inprocessing....aka sit around and wait for ever & ever to get one thing done on your check list to continue on to actual boot camp.

And this was my first encounter with the army. I will never forget picking up leaves at random hours of the night/day. When there was nothing else to do, we picked up leaves by hand. One by one...while the battalion next to us, used a leaf blower....

4 comments:

  1. Was it hot or cold? My DH went thru Navy BC in January at Great Lakes. When they marched in for graduation they each had 6 inches of snow on them. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah...it was October 2001, there were hot days, cool days and later in boot camp FUCKING COLD days. LMAO. DH went to Great Lakes in the summer, the year they had record high temps! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seen my first snow drop in boot camp, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my, my DSD is at Ft Jackson right now at boot camp and I'm soooooooo worried about her!!!

    ReplyDelete